In Ethica, we are helping scientists and academics to use the power of smartphones and mobile sensing in their research. Researcher around the world, from North America to Europe and Australia are using Ethica to study infectious diseases, mental health, social policies, and many other interesting projects. And we have been able to achieve this with a small team of less than 10 talented engineers. Now we are looking for an Android developer who is smart and is excited to work on challenging and impactful projects. If you are one, we would love to hear from you.
You will be working remotely with a small team of talented developers, spread inside and outside of Iran. Considering the remote work and the time-zone difference, it's extremely important that you show the following personal characteristics:
- Be self-disciplined. - Be able to articulate thoughts and plans clearly, both verbally, and in written form. - Pay very close attention to the requirements and deliver outstanding results.
As an Android developer, we expect you to be comfortable with the following technologies:
- Android software development using Java (Knowledge of Kotlin is a plus). - Services, threads, and DB management in Android. - Being comfortable with Android SDK. - Comfortable with Android's build process via Android Studio, Gradle, Proguard, and other relevant topics. - Hands-on experience with common third-party tools such as Firebase, Google APIs, or networking libraries.
Needless to say, as a strong developer, you should be familiar with:
- Git - Data structure and algorithms. - Basic terminal usage (including ssh, curl, and git command line) - Being comfortable with reading and writing in English is necessary.
- Very competitive salary. - You will receive the state-of-the-art computer and phones necessary for your work. - We will pay for your Internet connection and co-working space, if you choose to use one. - Company-sponsored team building events and trips. - Flexible working hours and location (no need to spend hours on commute). - Working with highly technical and talented teammates. - Internationally recognized work experience.
- This is a full-time permanent position. We do not consider applicants looking for a part-time or hourly contract. - We do not consider applicants who have other commitments, including individuals who are currently students. - While the location is listed as Tehran, we welcome applicants from any city in Iran.
Ethica enables people to convert their smartphone into a micro research lab, so they can
join scientists in finding life-changing discoveries
Smartphones and wearables are powerful tools which can help researchers battle diseases, to control smoking behaviour, or to design better public transit. Ethica started as a research project at 2009 and later was commercialized at 2015 to offer the first platform that turns
smartphones into micro research labs